Filed under News, World News

United States Suspends Talk with Russia over Syria Conflict

Light seeps through a hole in a wall, made as a vantage point for rebel soldier to shoot out of. The room has been abandoned and coated with rubble and soot.

With the devastating onslaught effecting the war-torn country of Syria, which has been caught in a heated civil war for over five years, the controversy has exacerbated between many countries who are involved over the issue. The United States has decided to cut off discussion with Russia regarding Syrian proposals.

Tension has grown between the United States and Russia due to the daunting and ambitious character of President Vladimir Putin, who has invested millions of dollars into powerful military innovations. He has sided with the Syrian Regime, governed by Bashar al-Assad, in the coalition against Syrian rebels and terrorist groups within the country. In recent coverage over the conflict, it has been reported that many of the attacks have killed thousands of Syrian citizens instead of combating terror groups.

A Free Syrian Army fighter makes gestures while a burning truck flares behind him. The supplies in the truck were scattered across the floor, chard and torn apart by the flame.

© Reuters

Russian and Syrian airstrikes have particularly targeted the city of Aleppo, which is an essential component for Middle Eastern takeover for many terrorist groups in the surrounding area. Bombs have been dropped on residences and hospitals in Aleppo, killing civilians, medical staff, and repair crews trying to clear debris and locate any survivors underneath the rubble. Russia and the Syrian Regime has initialized military force upon rebel held areas by bombing them into a state of submission.

Russia has asked the United States to not interfere with troop deployment or engagement and to separate terrorist groups from Syrian rebels as a way to distinguish them. With hearing about the innocent casualties caused by the bombings, the United States has decided to terminate negotiation with Russia, as their credibility worsened by discounting the commitment they made.

Bombing

A man hauls a stretcher carrying a person suffering injuries through the rubble of a neighborhood in Aleppo. This occurred shortly after an airstrike landed in the area.

Many of the remaining care units have been established underground to shield patients and physicians from any outside explosions. However, the third airstrike launched by Russia warplanes managed to break through the impervious structure of the Hasan Al-Araj Hospital—also referred to as the Cave Hospital.

It was one of the most secure hospitals in Aleppo, constructed into mountain side and capable of withstanding previous bombings. The missile that pierced through the hospital’s walls is believed to have been a “Bunker Buster” missile judging by the damage inflicted.

Many of the civilians in the Syrian territory have suffered a tremendous amounts of death and injury. A nurse stationed in the hospital, which has four doctors on staff tending to over 250,000 patients, gives his account of what he saw when the missile hit. He describes a man laying deceased on the floor with a piece of shrapnel impaled through his chest, rubble cluttering the hallways trapping the patients in, and a nurse having a nervous breakdown, fearing that another bomb will be dropped.