BHS Food Truck Festival Kicks Off During All Three Lunches

More stories from Rachael Gierke

Lines started to grow rapidly outside the food trucks during lunch.

James Kinkade

James Kinkade

BHS PTO and Principal Mr. Jack Loyd kicked off the BHS Food Truck Festival this Thursday, resulting in a huge success.  During all three lunches, a total of fourteen food trucks pulled into the BHS parking lane to serve the hungry staff, parents and students. Most students brought cash or credit cards to get delicious food from a variety of options such as: tacos from Twisted Tacos, smoothies from Kind Kitchen, or macaroni and cheese from Soul Food Express. A percentage of the proceeds are being donated to the BHS Snack Pack Program. The event was in collaboration with Downtown Bentonville Inc. Most students enjoyed the event.

“This was a great idea, most people in the lunch room all had something from the food trucks. It would be cool if the school would have food trucks more often, like every month or so. I bet they raised a lot of money.” Junior Kennedy Shy said.

However, this wasn’t the first time the school set up food trucks. Last year in May they had the same event. Students are hoping that BHS PTO will hold these food truck festivals more often.

Many of the food trucks are accustomed to the Bentonville area as they make frequent stops all over town as they come through. They travel to many locations, both in the Northwest Arkansas region as well as neighboring states, where they set up shop to attract customers.

“I worked on this recipe for about a year, experimenting what works best for my tacos. We came up with adding Cuban rice at the bottom of the shell to absorb the juices from the meat, which then gives the taco plenty of room for other condiments. My Tacos are a meal, not a snack.” Chef David, owner of Twisted Taco food truck, said.