Who are American’s 2016 Presidential Candidates?

Kayla Spear

This year’s presidential race has been unlike any other. Since the 2015 announcements of candidates, it has been a strange ride full of unexpected turns and outrageous accusations. Now, less than two months until election day, Americans are on the edge of their seats.

The republican candidate, Donald Trump, has shown a peculiar way of winning over voters. The candidate is continuously notes for his unconventional carelessness and his loud-mouthed opinions. The democratic nominee, on the other hand, has been just as notorious for becoming involved in scandals.

Donald Trump is a business man most well known for The Trump Organization. It was a shock to everyone when he stepped up to the podium with his famous catchphrase, Make America Great Again. Trump plans to turn America around by leading it through a business eye instead of a political one.

Overall, his supporters seem to admire him most for his border control ideals and his willingness to say exactly what’s on his mind, “I believe that no matter what anyone says, this country as it is today is not the best it can be (not even close). I think that Trump is the man that can change this nation for the better and make this nation great again.” Junior Mason Bowman said.

Although he has many supporters, he also has many people opposing his presidency. At many of his conventions and conferences, fights have broken out. The opposition usually states that Trump inspires hate driven ideas and that he is untruthful due to his changing opinions, “He is a very unworthy candidate and should not win the election. He is a  racist, homophobic, sexist person and we cannot have that in the oval office.” Junior Andrew Van Slooten said.

Trump is on the left, and Clinton is on the right.

Trump, left, and Clinton, right, are this years presidential candidates.

Hillary Clinton, former senator, secretary of state, and first lady, is this election’s democratic nominee. Lifelong politician, it was no surprise when Clinton announced her candidacy. She is most recognized by her supporters for her ideas on a fair tax system and national healthcare.

“I believe that, in this particular race, Clinton is the best candidate because she values respect and professionalism the most. While she isn’t perfect, she is level headed and qualified when compared to the other candidates. I believe instead of focusing so much on big stick politics that we should think about showing each other respect on a personal level and not getting bogged down by politics. That’s how we’ll make a better world for everybody,” Junior Alex Keogh said.

Clinton, although she now in the lead, has been accused of involvement of multiple scandals. She has been suspected of deleting emails (Specifically what emails) which causes voters to question her honesty. “Hillary… is a criminal. She should be imprisoned for the email scandals. That’s just not right. Benghazi attack was fully her fault too… The outcome of denying support killed four of our men. Granted she did give support, those four brave men might still be alive today.” Junior Gabe Savold said.

Both the candidates, although very different, each have many people standing behind them. With the upcoming debates and weeks until the election, the heat turns up and the competition becomes more fierce.