Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

“The Two Coreys” Victims of Assault

Actors Corey  Haim (left) and Corey Feldman (right)

Actors Corey Haim (left) and Corey Feldman (right)

Rebecca Johnson, Editor

With all the recent allegations of sexual assault in the Hollywood world, it wasn’t very surprising when famous child actor Corey Feldman came out with stories of sexual assault. Feldman stated that he and Corey Haim, another popular child actor, had been assaulted multiple times throughout their careers in the past.

Corey Feldman and Corey Haim were in a total of eight movies together: The Lost Boys (1987), License to Drive (1988), Dream a Little Dream (1989), Blown Away (1993), Last Resort (1994), Dream a Little Dream 2 (1995), Busted (1997) and Lost Boys: The Tribe (2008). They were in so many movies together that they were referenced as “The Two Coreys” during the peak of their careers in the 80s. They even had a hit show called The Two Coreys in 2007 with them starring as adults.

Corey Haim passed away when he was 38 years old in 2010. The two were very close throughout Haim’s lifetime to the point that Feldman was going to be Haim’s best man, but couldn’t due to scheduling. So when Feldman recently came out with claims of his and Haim’s alleged history of being molested it’s apparent that a lot of the public believes him.

Feldman claimed he told police about being molested in 1993 but no action was taken. Police confirmed this but said they were never told names. In October of 2013 he wrote Coreyography: A Memoir in which he accused Jon Grissom of molesting him by using the name “Ron Crimson” while explaining details. He has spoken out multiple times about the Hollywood pedophilia he witnessed, but has taken to more drastic measures now.

Ever since Haim died Feldman has been saying he will be naming their offenders. After almost eight years Feldman has started a fundraiser for a film adaptation of their experiences to reveal the peodophiles of their past. He is asking for $10 million to make this film, because he says to expose the offenders in an accurate way he needs enough funding. Corey Haim’s mother called this fundraiser a scheme from a “scam artist”. Many are curious to why he doesn’t just take this to court and it seems the reason is that Feldman doesn’t have the money to take legal action, hence the movie fundraiser.

Even with the controversy of Feldman’s statements, the film, if it ever goes into production, should show the truth through a dramatized movie. In the next few years America can hope that corruption in the Hollywood industry will end, maybe even with the help of “The Two Coreys” and their story.