Will Season Two Be Even Stranger?

Rebecca Johnson, Editor

After thousands of Halloween tribute costumes appeared after the start of the retro sensation “Stranger Things” (season one came out on July 15, 2016) what better time to release season two than 5 days before Halloween.  Go to any festive party you’ll be sure to see costumes that are Eleven out of 10.

As Netflix has its countdown to the season two release, all the fans are excited to see what has happened in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana. The finale of the last season ended with Will Byers, played by Noah Schnapp, coming back from his torment in the other realm referred to as the Upside-Down. He returns seemingly unharmed… seemingly being the key word.  Young Will Byers is left with some unanswered side effects. He is said to be the main focus for season two. His mother Joyce Byers, played by Winona Ryder, turned frantic while Will was trapped.  It should be interesting to see how her protective instincts change now that she has her son back.

“I think Joyce is just going to be super overprotective of Will because she doesn’t want it to happen again,” Junior Gracie Keithley said.

“Stranger Things” became a sensation the old fashioned way, by talking.  There was no extravagant 

ads or billboards. People genuinely liked it and so did the critics.  Netflix had high expectations for season two and the critics say they’ve met them.  The new season will have nine thrilling new episodes that Rotten Tomatoes rates a 93% on the “tomatometer” and the want to see percent at 99!

“The situation is extremely sensitive right now, because season one was fantastic. Season one was really entertaining and captivating. Season two needs to remain consistent with the characters even though the real people have grown up. The story needs to flow and attempt not to be cheesy,” Senior Kennedy Shy said.

This phenomenal Netflix series stars some experienced actors, Winona Ryder and David Harbour, and many actors who were thrust into the spotlight.  From Gaten Matarazzo, Millie Bobby Brown, and Caleb McLaughlin opening at the 2016 Emmy’s to Finn Wolfhard starring in Stephen King’s “It,” the “Stranger Things” posse is thriving in the film industry.  Fans should expect the same greatness from the new actors added to the show: Sean Astin, Paul Reiser, Linnea Berthelsen, Sadie Sink, and Dacre Montgomery.  All of the season one cast acted with ease and charm, and viewers hope for the same for the new characters in season two.

“Adding new actors might give a fresh new feel, but it’s still in an earlier season so it depends on how it’s portrayed,” Sophomore Jaden Tadda said.

A group of misfits in the ‘80s gives parents a sense of nostalgia and familiarity, with movies like “The Goonies” and “Stand by Me” released in 1985 and ‘86.  Teens love the sci-fi fantasy style filming and don’t forget about all the rest of the population who love to binge watch their favorite shows.  So it’s safe to say the Duffer Brothers did a fantastic job creating this Netflix series.