Here’s to the Class of 2017

Drawn by Kayla Shrieve

Drawn by Kayla Shrieve

Drawn by Kayla Shrieve

As our time at Bentonville High School comes to a close, we begin to reminisce on the good and bad memories of high school.

The cherish moments consist of the amazing plays we have performed, having one of our high school basketball games broadcasted on live television and local food trucks coming to feed us during lunch. While our bad times include a bomb threat that ended our school day early, having the school’s student body basically split in half and when the attendance policy was changed so the only option was either coming to school sick or taking all your finals. These good and bad times have made our high school experience memorable and unique.

For most of us, we can’t help but begin to realize how thankful we are for the friends we have made during these past four years. Whether they have been by your side for four months or four years, the impact they have made is equally significant. Even though we will soon part ways, the bond we have shared will remain just as strong as it is today. Always remember to soak up the time you have left with your friends because the memories you make will last a lifetime.

I am proud to say that our school has a wide variety of students, which allows us to be shaped by all different types of people. We should be thankful to come from a school of equal opportunity that allows us to pursue whatever dream or career we choose. With a plethora of clubs and teams, there is always a place for students to get plugged in and find their interests with others who share the same passion.

With a school that allows for such prestigious opportunities, students are able to go as far as they could imagine. There are students from the class of 2017 ready to step foot into Stanford University, University of California- Berkeley and Harvey Mudd College. These schools were able to be a possibility to some students because of the preparation they have had from Bentonville. From a successful school comes even more successful students.

As our new lives begin, our high school career becomes a distant memory. However, I’m happy to say that it is a memory I will hold dear. Here’s to the futures we’re all about to make for ourselves.

Be sure to watch Bentonville High School’s Class of 2017 graduate on May 20, 2017 at 8:30 at the Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville.