Space Mission leads to Astronomical Potential

Astronauts+Jing+Haipeng+and+Chen+Dong+wave+to+the+cheering+crowd+as+they+await+their+launch.+
Astronauts Jing Haipeng and Chen Dong wave to the cheering crowd as they await their launch.

Ryan Jurik, Editor

China announce Monday that they have launched two Chinese astronauts into space, where they will commence a 30 day long mission. Their goal is to preform research on the Tiangong 2 station, focusing on experiments which will prepare them for a future mission in 2018. They plan on setting up a fully functional space station within a few years. China’s mission was declared by the country to be peaceful one, but the United States speculate that it could possibly be for military use, as the programs have been backed by military development.

Russia and China are banding together to initiate a pace exploration alliance, where their main priorities will revolve around expeditions to Mars and the Moon. The union of these two counties proves efficient as Russia has technical experience in space travel, though they lack the finances to further their progress independently, and China has a plethora of resources to spare as well as scoring impressive mission execution.

Astronauts Jing Haipeng and Chen Dong wave to the cheering crowd as they await their launch. They will commence a 30 day long mission on Tiangong 2, also referred to as “Heavenly Palace”.

The United States has fallen behind with their influence and progression in outer space missions. Most of the programs, run by NASA and other partnered counties attempting to further their research, have centered their attention around exploration beyond our solar system and into deep space.

These programs revolving around exploration, such as return-to-the-moon constellation program in 2010, have been canceled by the Obama Administration making the United States an unreliable partner to work with. This could set us back tremendously in establishing a presence in interstellar activities. The United States has gradually been losing a grip on space research and involvement. 15 years ago, the United States produced over 75% of all satellites in orbit, however nowadays we have less than 20% of satellites revolving around Earth.

Space travel could result in a new platform of foreign affairs, creating imperial connections between planet Earth and future established space colonies. Partnerships aim to achieve a peaceful policy in regard to these possible trade ties. The United States has exchanged talk with China over creating an open door policy, allowing them to have access to the International Space Station. Although the United States Congress issued a ban for NASA not to engage in any bilateral agreements in 2011, China proceeded without draw back on launching their own space station as well as earning a place in space exploration.

Scientists and researchers hope to work together with China and other space fairing countries to achieve the goal of human spaceflight.