The First Ever CoverBoy

More stories from Victoria Fredericks

Covergirl announced their newest Covergirl this October, which turned out to not be a girl at all. James Charles, the newest addition to the Covergirl family, is the brands first ever male ambassador. When he announced his  partnership with Covergirl on Instagram and Twitter they both instantly blew up with posts and comments.

“I saw it on my ‘moments’ on twitter and thought it was so cool of a brand that big to make a statement of how boys can also wear makeup,” Senior Brianna Gillespie said.

James Charles has been a social media influence for about a year now and has gained a large amount of followers. With over 700 thousand Instagram followers he has managed to create looks from total glam to galaxy and to having your face look burned.

“I’ve been following him for months now and it’s been cool to see him grow as an artist and watch him influence others. It’s so cool how he’s been given these opportunities because it’s showing a real turning point in the beauty world,” Senior Alaska Thomas said.

This isn’t the first time he’s been in the news recently, though. He was also the topic of interest when he posted on twitter that he brought a ring light to his senior pictures just so his highlight was poppin’. In fact, even Zendaya responded to this post, which is another member of the Covergirl family.

“I feel like people do anything to ensure a poppin’ highlight, so I understand why people would be so responsive to him. Also, obviously if Zendaya notices you then you’re gonna be bound for greatness,” Junior Erica Chapman said.

With this recent decision of Covergirl we can almost guarantee more male ambassadors in Covergirls and other brand’s futures.