Fall Into Fashion

Junior Sam Dray models in her long, brown cardigan and charcoal leggings. Her outfit is a perfect look that keeps you warm for autumn.

As the color of leaves and warm temperatures are changing, so are students choices in apparel. Autumn is the time for cozy, comfortable clothes and expression through fashionable wears. Here are some top selects of clothing to show off your seasonal style.

For the ladies we have:

Leggings – We all know that leggings have been a staple item to own for the past years, and it is still going strong. Wear your black leggings with a graphic t-shirt, sweater or jean jacket-either way you’ll still look stylish.

Cardigans – The many cardigans–varying from the type of fabric, design, or length– can enlighten your outfit. A cardigan that runs down past your waist can present a levitating flow in your step.

Suede and Chelsea Boots – It seems like every year there  is a new pair of boots that everyone has in their closet. 2016 beholds the classic suede and Chelsea boots. Earth tone boots go great with fall colors, and they keep your feet warm when the temperature starts to drop.

Junior Kennedy Shy rocks her jean jacket, cardigan, suede dress and boots this fall.

Junior Kennedy Shy rocks in her layered jean and cardigan jackets, while making a statement with her suede dress and boots.

Jean Jackets – This is a classic. You are allowed many freedoms when it comes to how you want to pull off this article of clothing. A small, skimpy jean jacket proves to be very stylish when they are worn with decorative patterns underneath. Although it’s starting to get cold, a nice hoodie attached to the jacket can not only protect from the freezing temperatures, but add on to you ecstatic look.

Turtlenecks – Who needs a scarf when you have a turtleneck? It is best to wear what fits your personality. A thicker material such as cotton around the neck and throughout the rest of your outfit could resemble your elegant, more refined character, while a trimmer, tight fitting turtleneck could express initiative or confidence.

Chokers – The wave of chokers is still flowing as the seasons pass. You can decide to mix up the designs as way for your accessories to match your whole outfit.

Velvet – Velvet is slowly starting to make it’s way back on stage. Black velvet dresses and tops are reviving from the 90’s. You can find perfect velvet pieces at Goodwill to add grunge to your style.

For the guys we have:

Sweater Vests – Although they might be tacky to wear on the daily, they are nifty to wear during this festive season. They are great to show off while at a Thanksgiving dinner, attending a White Elephant party, or just sitting next to a cozy fire sipping on hot cocoa.

Flannels – You could never go wrong with a flannel, however now is the best time if any to try on various patterns and materials. Suiting yourself with flannels with fur on the inside can keep you warm in the chilly weather, or perhaps wearing lighter flannel underneath your jacket as a way of creating a fashion statement.

Rolled Jeans – To adjust from wearing shorts on sunny warm days, jeans are the perfect go to when selecting your seasonal style. Rolling up the bottom sleeves of the pants can add a bit of flare in your step as you tread sidewalks coated with crisp leaves.

Denim – Mix up the color and fabric so that you can stand out from plain jeans. Having what you wear match up with your outfit as a whole can really have an affect on how people will look at you.